“We are leaving a legacy, whether we realize it or not!” – Kerry and Chris Shook
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (2 Timothy 4:6-7)
If you were to die today, what is your exit status?
Wow! Wow! Wow! If I took the time to share a fraction of all that God is doing, I’d be writing for a week.
The “One Month To Live” series that Matt Gregory just led the congregation at Soul Purpose Church through has had a profound impact on me.
As I mentioned in my April 20 devotional, one of the three assignments on Day 1 was this, “Without thinking too hard or too long, make a list of five things you’d change about your life if you knew you only had a month to live. Choose at least one to begin changing today, right now.”
Well I wrote down my list of 5 things to do if I had only one month to live. And that brought laser focus and very purposeful action. I’ve been able to say “no” to lots of things I shouldn’t be doing. I’m well on my way to accomplishing all 5 of those things. Amazing. God has really honored this commitment with major breakthroughs.
Yesterday, Matt concluded this 5 week sermon series with a message titled “Leave Boldly!” He addressed 3 questions:
1) What will be the center of my life?
2) What will be the character of my life?
3) What will be the contribution of your life?
What is your exit status?
1) I’m ready to leave boldly. I know Jesus and have made a valuable contribution with the life He has given me.
2) I’m ready to leave, but not boldly. I know Jesus, but I have unfinished business.
3) I’m not certain of my status. I’m not sure I know Jesus or have completed what He wanted me to do with my life.
4) I am not ready. I do not know Jesus nor have I completed His purpose for my life.
Heavenly Father, thank You for Pastor Matt Gregory and leading him to lead our congregation through the One Month To Live series. Thank You for the profound impact this is having on me. Speak life, lots of life, into my readers to live their lives as if they have only one month to live. Thank You Jesus. Amen and Hallelujah!
Blessings to prepare yourself to leave boldly!
Blessings of the Day
1) Experiencing God Through Journaling – Week 8, free webinar at 8 pm EDT today with guest panelist Rev. Chad Whaley sharing his God stories. Chad has been the catalyst behind a community-wide homeless ministry that is now serving as a model to other communities in Virginia.
2) “Can You Really Make $5000 A Month Or More Without Having A Website Or A List?” – Announcing: A Webinar That Will Teach You Exactly How To Do This, Using Proven Techniques For Affiliate Marketing That Connie Regan Green Has Been Using Since 2006.
Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Author, I Was Busy, Now I’m Not
SHARE YOUR VICTORIES below!
It is easy, fun, and will inspire others.
There is tremendous power in a testimony. “And they overcame him (the devil) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” – Revelations 12:11
Poem by Hugh Traulsen
If you dare to care, then share!
If you share, pay heed!!
God will reward every good deed!!!