Sabbath Inspiration: Something is Missing by Leonard Ravenhill
“You never have to advertise a fire. Everyone comes running when there’s a fire. Likewise, if your church is on fire, you will not have to advertise it. The community will already know it.” – Leonard Ravenhill
Today is the last day of Passover, one of the most holy biblical feasts in God’s calendar. It’s a time of celebrating what God has done for us. It’s also a time to sanctify ourselves, to set ourselves free from ungodly thinking and behavior.
Joshua 3:5 And Joshua said to the people, “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you.”
Yesterday morning, my friend Roger Gauthier sent me a link to short video titled “Something Is Missing – Leonard Ravenhill”.
Boy did that message speak to me. I was deeply convicted about what matters most in life. I have subsequently listened to that more than seven times and even was inspired to transcribe the 7 minute message for you this morning.
Click the play button below to watch/listen to “Something Is Missing – Leonard Ravenhill”
Click here to view and download the transcript for the video above.
Here are some important takeaways that stood out for me:
- It’s not how long you live, it’s how you live that matters.
- See that every one of our young preachers gets a copy of “The Life and Diary of David Brainerd” to stir them to action, to stir them to sacrifice, to get their focusing straight.
- Put your so called faith and love into action. Lay in dust your pride, forget it.
- You should have a prayer meeting in your church every morning and the pastor should be there to lead it. It’s his business. He should be an example, not a talker. If you don’t have a praying pastor, forget it.
- No church is going to have revival with a prayer meeting one morning a week or one night a week.
- Why do you weep while other people are laughing? Why do you fast while other people are having a whale of a time? It’s stupid, it is, except in the light of eternity it isn’t. You see, you have to account for your time.
- If I could push the door of Heaven and you could peep into it for 5 minutes, you’d never backslide, you’d change your lifestyle, you’d change your conversation style.
- You and I are supposed to be eternity conscious.
- … for the grave will claim all your riches and fame and the things which you strive.
- We will only have in eternity what we gave away on earth. When we go to the grave, we can only save the things of eternal worth.
- The only thing that will matter is if we’re clothed in righteousness.
- We’re not going to be the same in Heaven.
- They all backslide in the place of prayer. Because they’re cold there, in the place of prayer, because they are failing in the place of prayer, they lose the presence of God. It’s time for you to tighten up your prayer life!
I encourage you to listen to this short video message several times and allow it to sink deeply into your mind, heart, and spirit.
This Passover week has been by far my most special one ever. The broadcast with David Herzog really opened my eyes of understanding to the Jewish feasts and even the Sabbath.
1) The Life and Diary of David Brainerd by Jonathan Edwards (Kindle Ed only $0.99 USD) – http://www.amazon.com/Life-Diary-David-Brainerd-ebook/dp/B003PPCSGG/
2) The Life of David Brainerd: The Documentary – Trailer
3) Prayer is the Secret – Leonard Ravenhill
4) “We Don’t Know God!” by Leonard Ravenhill
5) Aligning with Heaven with Dr. David Herzog – 20 min video clip from 2-hour broadcast on April 26
Blessings to tighten up your prayer life!
4 Responses to “Sabbath Inspiration: Something is Missing by Leonard Ravenhill”