As some of you may know, my life verse is the Greatest Commandment – to love God and love your neighbor as yourself. During the debrief following a recent Breakthrough Life Coaching session, my client told me that one of the takeaway lessons from the coaching session was to love herself.
In the past few weeks, I’ve made some major adjustments to my daily and weekly routine. I find myself taking many more breaks, yet accomplishing more things that are bearing good fruit.
This week, …
Your keyword is “Love Yourself.”
Your key message is “When you learn to love yourself in real terms, you will be able to better love your neighbor!”
Your key scripture is “Love your neighbor as yourself!” (Matthew 22:39)
Today I came across a good article by Arielle Consoli (and a few of her friends) titled “How to Love Yourself“. They write:
“We spend so much of our time waiting to be loved, hoping love will find us, searching, yearning for that special love. Feeling empty and lost without it. Wanting someone to give us love and fill us up. Unfortunately, that’s not usually how life works. You will draw to you exactly what you create in life, and what you believe you are worthy of. So loving yourself can create love in your life. When you expect love from an external source, and someone or something does not fulfill your void and fantasy’s, then you will feel worse than before.
Be honest with yourself about how valuable you believe you are. The way you see yourself and treat yourself is the very way others will see you and treat you. Do you see yourself as valuable and worthy of the gift of love? Do you treat yourself lovingly and as a valuable being? And most importantly, do you treat OTHERS with love? That’s the first step to feeling better about yourself. It’s ok to be truthful with yourself, though it may not be pretty! Awareness is the first and more powerful step on the path to change!
Remember that love is not a feeling, it is a choice! Make the choice to love yourself and the feeling will come. After all, who deserves it.”
CLICK HERE to read the entire article.
- Celebrating Christmas with Spiritual Care Support Ministries on Sunday, December 12th at 3pm in Warrenton, VA
- Radicalis conference at Saddleback Church on Feb 22-25, 2011
- “Where’s the Line to See Jesus” Official Music Video by Becky Kelley
- Crazy Love videos – watch Chapter 9 video with Ron // Share Francis Chan’s week #10 video for next Sunday Morning Inspiration
- Nurture Your God Given Dreams – Beware the Dream Snatchers
- Marketplace Transformation – radio ministry in San Diego CA
- When Private Things Are Leaked by Pastor Richard Gazowsky
- December 2010 – God’s Voice Worldwide newsletter from Dr. Mark Virkler
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your unconditional love. Thank You for all the love that abounds during the Christmas season. Help me and my followers to love ourselves in real terms so that we may be able to love others more fully. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen!
Blessings to love yourself so you can love others more fully!