Two-Word Purpose Statement
O my gosh. I was getting ready to type today’s Sunday Inspiration and planned to title that “Top 5 regrets of the dying.”
But as I was flowing in the Spirit, I was led to watch a recorded video about “The POWER of Your Two-Word Purpose Statement.”
As I began watching that, I knew that was the message I was to share with you today.
This powerful video message is by Kevin McCarthy, author of The On-Purpose Person. I first heard Kevin speak on Monday August 6 when he was a guest panelist on the Steward Call led by Robert and Cheryl-Ann Needham.
So let me ask you, “Do you know your two-word purpose statement?”
If not, I highly recommend you watch this video by Kevin McCarthy.
Note: You will need to advance the slider bar at the bottom about 5-10 minutes before Kevin starts speaking.
Also, I recommend you take the simple On-Purpose Person survey
- Do you have a WRITTEN personal purpose, vision, or mission statement?
- Which statement best reflects your feelings toward your personal purpose, vision, or mission statement?
- If you have (or had) a written purpose, vision, or mission statement, what benefits or advantages does it offer you?
- What are the costs or the price one pays or disadvantages to not knowing one’s purpose, vision, mission?
- If you had to put a U.S. dollar figure on being disadvantaged without or a weak purpose, vision, or mission statement, which best reflects your cost of being “off-purpose”?
Benefits of being clear on your purpose
- Flushes out what is most important to me
- Keeps me focused and clear
- Make choices more effectively and confidently
- Discern what’s right and wrong for me
- Keeps me “on track” in a crazy world
- Cuts through the haze of confusion
- Helps me to love my life
Costs of not being crystal clear about your purpose
- Take on people, activities, and projects I shouldn’t
- Wasting time and energy due to lack of focus
- Feeling overwhelmed, drepressed, sadness
- My life is run by urgencies and crisis = chaos
- Cannot experience the fullness of life
- I don’t have my own voice, I get run over
- No true guidelines or boundaries
- Rudderless and I feel I have no future
- Squandering my talents
- Directionless, discontented, hopeless
- No map, no meaning, spinning my wheels
- Dreading growing old
- Fear takes me over
- I look back with regret and forward afraid
- Others dont’ get what I have to give
What Is Your Cost Of Being Off-Purpose?
Blessings to carefully craft your two-word purpose statement!
P.S. Join the conversation. Share your your Two-Word Purpose Statement below.