Wisdom is the ability to make sound choices, good decisions.
Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. (Proverbs 4:7a)
If a Genie granted you one wish, what would you wish for?
The Bible says that King Solomon was the wisest man ever to live. When God asked him “What shall I give you?”, Solomon asked for wisdom rather than wealth. God granted him wisdom and promised riches, wealth, and honor would follow. (2 Chronicles 1:7-12)
When requesting something from God, remember:
1) We don’t know what we really want or need. (Jeremiah 10:23)
2) God knows what we really need – wisdom (Proverbs 3:13)
Additional wisdom notes
1) Wisdom is not IQ, appearance, or talent.
2) Wisdom is knowing God’s best choice for your life and how to practically live that out.
3) Wisdom is available to anyone who will ask and seek for it.
4) Wisdom is not available whenever and however you want it. It’s God’s way or no way.
5) Wisdom is found when you involve your entire soul, mind, and body.
How can you gain wisdom?
1) Pray purposely and passionately for wisdom. (James 1:5)
2) Study God’s Word like a treasure map. (Psalm 19:9-11)
3) Seek out and accept correction and perspective from fellow seekers of God’s wisdom. (Proverbs 9:8-9)
4) Commit your life to Jesus and follow Him. (1 Corinthians 1:24)
Are you asking God for wisdom and seeking it every day?
A great and simple way to start is to read one chapter of Proverbs each day.
The Book of Proverbs is simply wisdom for living!
LORD, I praise You as the God of wisdom. Thank You for the Word of God, which is the wisdom of God. You promise that “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” (James 1:5) So I ask for abundant wisdom to help me make godly choices as I confront decisions every day. In Yeshua’s name, I pray, Amen.
Link of the Day
Wisdom of the Bible [http://www.twopaths.com/wisdom.htm]
Your Daily Blessing News
Much of today’ content comes from the outline for a sermon preached today by Rev. Matt Gregory, my pastor of Soul Purpose Church [www.soulpurposechurch.org].
Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Author, I Was Busy, Now I’m Not
SHARE YOUR VICTORIES below!
It is easy, fun, and will inspire others.
There is tremendous power in a testimony. “And they overcame him (the devil) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” – Revelations 12:11
Poem by Hugh Traulsen
If you dare to care, then share!
If you share, pay heed!!
God will reward every good deed!!!