What’s holding you back?
For the past 15 months, I have been privileged to participate in the weekly webinars for The Champions Club led by Vic Johnson. Vic’s coaching and mentoring have helped me tremendously. I now have more focus than ever before in my life. That’s important because focus is the key to redeeming the time.
This past week I began reading Vic Johnson’s outstanding book “Goal Setting: 13 Secrets of World Class Achievers.” In the Preface to that book, Vic writes:
We live in a time where many people have lost touch with the qualities that produce extraordinary lives. Imagination, ingenuity, drive, and a no-fear, no-quitters allowed mentality often seem to be disappearing from our culture and our world. Fortunately, that’s only half of the story. More and more people are learning just what they are capable of achieving.
Success isn’t the result of winning some sort of lottery. It’s the result of applying the right principles with the right action and the right mindset.
Adopting a victim mentality, blaming outside circumstances, and retreating back to your comfort zone are easy. Deciding that “nothing will ever work” is also easy. But with that attitude you will continue to be stuck with the results you’ve always had. If you’re truly ready for different results then you need to be ready to do something different.
Taking action is vital. Many people read personal development books, yet never manage to make a change. Reading the book fools them into thinking they are doing something, but nothing really happens.
If I knew I had just 24 hours to live and was given a megaphone to shout a message to the world, my message would be, “Time is your life! When you waste your time, you waste your life.” That’s why my focus in 2014 has been coaching people to be better stewards with their time.
Last week, I hosted a webinar titled “The Value of Time.” On Monday August 25 at 8 pm Eastern Time, Tom Barrett is hosting me on a webinar titled “Leverage Your Life and Business with Webinars.” On Tuesday August 26, Lynne Lee is hosting me on a webinar titled “Overcome Procrastination.” All of these webinars are intended to help people accomplish more with the time they have been given. I hope you can join me on one of those.
On Tuesday August 13, we concluded the Week 8 session for Tribe 8 of the I Was Busy, Now I’m Not coaching program. During “The Value of Time” webinar, I asked members of that tribe to share their answers to two questions. Here is what Charlotte Hanst wrote (and gave me permission to share):
1) How has the group coaching you received changed the way you view time?
- I view time now completely different and as very valuable and am very much aware that I must use it better to honor God.
- I have learned to plan my time better, and to do more as a result of it, plus giving the first part of my day to the Lord with an attitude of Gratitude and using two way journaling. That has my priority now, whereas before I kind of pushed that to somewhere later in the day, after I came home from work so tired that I would fall asleep while reading the Word. And consequently sometimes that time with the Lord would not even come all day.
- Truly amazing is the fact that Holy Spirit has ministered to all the group members through their experiences and the sharing of their victories week after week. We learn so much from each other.
2) How has your life been changed as a result?
- I am consciously working on creating new and better habits, like going to the gym at least 3 times a week, waking up at 5 am for my Sacred time and setting goals.
- The habit of going to the gym has proved to be good not only for my physical condition, but as I stretch myself to one more set, I can feel how it also changes my mental picture in other areas.
- I also am observing myself (and others) for imposed values and am noticing a shift in my thinking/my beliefs. This means that I really stand as a guard at the door of my thoughts and stop the old thoughts/belief and rethink them, aligning them with God’s Word.
- And I am definitely am seeing a world of new possibilities opening for me.
I invite you to join me on one of these two webinar to recognize what might be holding you back from God’s best for your life.
Leverage Your Life and Business with Webinars – Mon Aug 25 at 8 pm EST
Overcome Procrastination – Tues Aug 26 at 3 pm EST
Prayer Power (pray this prayer for yourself)
Heavenly Father, I praise You as the God of miracles. Every day a miracle comes and every day a miracle goes. Help me to expect and to see those miracles. Help me to be a miracle in other people’s lives. Show me whatever is holding me back and give me the strength and courage to overcome that. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
Blessings to understand what’s holding you back and overcome that!
Joseph Peck. M.D.
The Time Doctor
P.S. Yesterday I stumbled across an outstanding ten minute video with Jim Rohn titled “The Law of Sowing and Reaping.” That was so good, I listened to Jim’s message at least five times. Before his death in 2009, Jim was branded as “America’s top business philosopher.