“One Man, One Woman” is how God defines marriage.
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)
Doesn’t Virginia state law already limit marriage to one man and one woman?
Is a constitutional amendment really needed?
The answer is “Yes” because it’s the only way to take the issue out of the hands of activist judges.
Tomorrow (November 7, 2006) when voters in Virginia go to the polls, they will have the opportunity to amend the state Constitution to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman. Even though a majority of Virginians support the concept of marriage as being the union of one man and one woman, many are confused about what this amendment will do and why we need to amend our constitution to define marriage. It is important to be aware of the issues involved and to be able to articulate a reasoned response when necessary.
What the Marriage Amendment Will Do
1) Define the God-ordained structure of marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
2) Prevent the state of Virginia from recognizing same sex marriages performed in other states.
3) Allow the voters of Virginia to define marriage on a statewide ballot.
4) Under existing law, same-sex marriages including “civil unions” and “domestic partnerships” are already illegal in Virginia. The marriage amendment will protect our existing marriage laws from court challenge.
What the Marriage Amendment Will Not Do
1) It will not take any existing rights away from anyone.
2) It will not affect benefits offered by private employers.
3) It will not affect wills, joint ownership of property, contracts or agreements between unmarried individuals.
4) It will not change existing law; it only protects the institution of marriage from activist judges who would legislate from the bench.
Dear heavenly Father, I praise You as the God of justice and righteousness. You defined marriage as the union between one man and one woman before the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. I praise You as the God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever. You promise blessings when we obey You and curses when we don’t. Please bless marriages and families in Virginia by blessing the Virginia Marriage Amendment. Thank You Jesus. Amen.
Link of the Day
Visit www.va4marriage.org for answers to many good questions and for much more information.
Blessings for the courage and strength to stand for what is right!
Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Author, I Was Busy, Now I’m Not
SHARE YOUR VICTORIES below!
It is easy, fun, and will inspire others.
There is tremendous power in a testimony. “And they overcame him (the devil) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” – Revelations 12:11
Poem by Hugh Traulsen
If you dare to care, then share!
If you share, pay heed!!
God will reward every good deed!!!