This past week while using my Kindle Fire to pray through my long prayer list, I came across “The Top Ten Leadership Principles of Jesus.” This comes from page 1211 of the Maxwell Leadership Bible in which Dr. John Maxwell discuss the significance of Mark 8:34-38. I felt compelled to share this with you. Enjoy!
The Gospels demonstrate beyond all doubt that Jesus really is the Ultimate Leader. No one has influenced people more than He. Although He never wrote a book or taught in a seminary, His movement continues to grow over two thousand years after He departed the earth. Consider ten leadership principles we see in His life, as recorded in the four Gospels.
1) Leadership is servanthood (Matt 20:25-28, Mark 8:35)
2) Let your purpose prioritize your life (Matt 6:33, Luke 19:10, John 17:4)
3) Live the life before you lead others (Luke 7:22-23, John 14:11)
4) Impact comes from relationships, not positions (Luke 9:6, John 4:5-30)
5) Leaders must replenish themselves (Mark 1:35-38, 6:31)
6) Great leaders call for great commitment (Matt 10:17, Mark 8:34-38)
7) Show security when handling tough issues (Mark 11:27-33, Luke 20:19-26)
8) Credibility comes by meeting needs and solving problems (Luke 5:12-15, 8:38-39)
9) Leaders must choose and develop their key people (Mark 3:14, Luke 10:1)
10) There is no success without a successor (Matt 28:20, Acts 1:8)
Mark 8:34-38 – When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.
Blessings to meditate on these ten principles and determine at least one to work on in your life!
1) The Champions Club– For the past year, I have been a member of The Champions Club. For only $30/month, I am able to participate in a live webinar led by Vic Johnson each Monday afternoon. This helps my work week get off to a great start and is by far the best business investment I have ever made.
2) Tell Me Jesus – music video by Cherie Norquay
3) World View University – The most powerful short video explaining why and how America was founded, what makes her great, and how much of our heritage has been lost.