Be careful what kind of inner circle you choose!
Who are your five closest friends? How wise are they and what kind of impact is their advice having on you?
“If you are kind to these people, and please them, and speak good words to them, they will be your servants forever.” (2 Chronicles 10:7)
During the 40 year reign of King Solomon, the world experienced peace and prosperity like never before.
After Solomon’s death, his son Rehoboam became king. And within a very short time, the nation of Israel was split in two.
Rehoboam knew little about good leadership. Instead of sizing up the situation and culture, he went on a power trip. He failed to discern, listen, or follow wise counsel from those who could help him most and as a result lost most of the kingdom.
Be careful what kind of inner circle you choose! King Rehoboam had the benefit of his father’s inner circle, men who gave wise counsel. But the foolish king rejected their advice and instead looked for advice that agreed with his own opinion. That was disastrous.
“So the king (Rehoboam) did not listen to the people.” (2 Chronicles 10:15)
According to Dr. John Maxwell,”listening is one of the 21 indispensable qualities of a leader… Leaders listen to connect and to learn.”
Qualities of a solid inner circle include:
- Experience: People who have been down the road of life and understand it.
- Heart for God: People who place God first and uphold His values.
- Objectivity: People who see the pros and cons of the situation.
- Complimentary gifts: People who bring diverse gifts to the situation.
- Loyalty to the leader: People who truly love and are concerned for the leader.
There is a saying, “You become like your five closest friends.” Therefore, choose those closest to you wisely.
- 5 Characteristics of Weak Leaders by Michael Hyatt
- Video replay for “Obtaining God’s Favor” with Cheryl-Ann Needham
- Video replay for “Overcoming Procrastination”
Blessings to choose your inner circle wisely!
Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Author, I Was Busy, Now I’m Not
SHARE YOUR VICTORIES below!
It is easy, fun, and will inspire others.
There is tremendous power in a testimony. “And they overcame him (the devil) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” – Revelations 12:11
Poem by Hugh Traulsen
If you dare to care, then share!
If you share, pay heed!!
God will reward every good deed!!!