Home » Breakthroughs, Obedience, OPPORTUNITIES, Slowing Down, Transformation

The 30 Life Principles

11 April 2007 12 Comments

Genuine intimacy with God is evident in all aspects of our lives.

I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1)

Which of the 30 principles below would make the biggest difference in your life if you began applying it today?

Earlier this week, while looking for a Link of the Day, I came across the outstanding website for In Touch Ministries. Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the founder of that ministry. On one of the web pages, Dr. Stanley lists “The 30 Life Principles.”

My favorites when I first wrote this post on April 11, 2007 were Principles 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 19, 22, and 27.

Principle 1
Our intimacy with God – His highest priority for our lives – determines the impact of our lives.

Principle 2
Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.

Principle 3
God’s Word is an immovable anchor in times of storm.

Principle 4
The awareness of God’s presence energizes us for our work.

Principle 5
God does not require us to understand His will, just obey it, even if it seems unreasonable.

Principle 6
You reap what you sow, more than you sow, and later than you sow.

Principle 7
The dark moments of our life will last only so long as is necessary for God to accomplish His purpose in us.

Principle 8
Fight all your battles on your knees and you win every time.

Principle 9
Trusting God means looking beyond what we can see to what God sees.

Principle 10
If necessary, God will move heaven and earth to show us His will.

Principle 11
God assumes full responsibility for our needs when we obey Him.

Principle 12
Peace with God is the fruit of oneness with God.

Principle 13
Listening to God is essential to walking with God.

Principle 14
God acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

Principle 15
Brokenness is God’s requirement for maximum usefulness.

Principle 16
Whatever you acquire outside of God’s will eventually turns to ashes.

Principle 17
We stand tallest and strongest on our knees.

Principle 18
As children of a sovereign God, we are never victims of our circumstances.

Principle 19
Anything you hold too tightly, you will lose.

Principle 20
Disappointments are inevitable, discouragement is a choice.

Principle 21
Obedience always brings blessing.

Principle 22
To walk in the Spirit is to obey the initial promptings of the Spirit.

Principle 23
You can never out give God.

Principle 24
To live the Christian life is to allow Jesus to live His life in and through us.

Principle 25
God blesses us so that we might bless others.

Principle 26
Adversity is a bridge to a deeper relationship with God.

Principle 27
Prayer is life’s greatest time saver.

Principle 28
No Christian has ever been called to “go it alone” in his or her walk of faith.

Principle 29
We learn more in our valley experiences than on our mountaintops.

Principle 30
An eager anticipation of the Lord’s return keeps us living productively.

Prayer Power
Father, help me to understand and apply all 30 of these life principles. Thank You Jesus. Amen

Link of the Day
In Touch Ministries – with Dr. Charles Stanley

Blessings to understand and apply all 30 of these life principles!

Joseph PeckJoseph

Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Empowering Dreams
Author, I Was Busy, Now I’m Not

P.S. Sign up TODAY for my free E-course ““30 Days To Breakthrough” God wants to transform your life NOW!

P.S.S. Spiritual Journaling will transform your life!

UNCOMMON Journaling is the key
to unlock YOUR dreams!

30 Days To Breakthrough

Print Friendly
Facebook Twitter Email
 Name: Email: We respect your email privacyEmail Marketing by AWeber

12 Comments »

• Susan Redmond said:

Life Principle 22 sermon was bold and wonderful. The Holy Spirit will help one chose the correct mindset as we open our eyes in the morning. After listening to Dr. Stanley Sunday, listening to the Holy Spirit became easier very first thing in the AM…I just fell out of the habit! Thanks to both the HS and Dr. Stanley.

• Dr. Joseph Peck (author) said:

Hi Susan, Thank you for taking the time to post your comment about The 30 Life Principles by Charles Stanley on the Your Daily Blessing blog. Blessings for your most special Fall season thus far in your life! Joseph

• Your Daily Blessing » Blog Archive » 30 Life Principles by Charles Stanley said:

[...] the Holy Spirit led me serendipitously to a blog post I wrote back on April 11, 2007 called “The 30 Life Principles.” It just “so happened” that today I came across a blog comment posted on Oct 26 [...]

• Andy said:

Intimacy with God is definitely the principle which if “truly” I lived and applied it continuously in my life then this would without doubt make the greatest and most profound difference in my life. As a believer it is my primary calling to be an intimate lover of my Saviour. May He quicken my spirit to respond to the overtures of His love towards me. I know His passion is to be intimately joined to me too, through His Spirit as He gently woos my heart.

• Mary Ellen Schoonover said:

#2 Obey God, and leave the consequences to him is a liberating principle for those who are performance oriented. If I am only responsible to hear God’s leading and obeying His voice, it removes perfectionism, selfish ambition,and performance anxiety from my walk. It helps me focus on God’s abilities rather than my own. He is responsible for the results. I am responsible to seek his face, hear his voice, and do what He says for me to do. I can’t make it happen. It is only Holy Spirit who can effect change in others and myself.

• Elayna said:

Principle 15
    Brokenness is God’s requirement for maximum usefulness.

I struggle with this one because it hurts to be broken, and I like to avoid pain! But, I know it’s true that only when we bend within His hands can we be molded into something useful.

• Dr. Joseph Peck (author) said:

Hi Andy, Thank you for sharing your insightful comment on Your Daily Blessing blog. That ministered to me. Blessings! Joseph

• Dr. Joseph Peck (author) said:

Thank you Mary Ellen for sharing your insightful comment on Your Daily Blessing blog which really ministered to me. I particularly like what you say about leaving the consequences to Him for liberation. I know I have spent way too many days over-working instead of allowing the LORD to provide the necessary resources, including help from others. I am so thankful God crossed our paths and that we are now working together under the umbrella of TeamDestiny777. Blessings! Joseph

• Dr. Joseph Peck (author) said:

Thank you Elayna for sharing your transparent comment on Your Daily Blessing blog. That really ministered to me and resulted in a Holy Spirit inspired revision of 3 of my major blogs. Renato Amato wrote a great post about the importance of brokenness called “The Story of Bamboo.” Check out http://yourdailyblessing.com/leadership-training/the-story-of-bamboo/. Blessings, Joseph

• Your Daily Blessing » Blog Archive » Sunday Morning Inspirations: Rejoice said:

[...] The 30 Life Principles by Charles Stanley [...]

• Blondoyle said:

I like the one on brokeness because God is close to the brokenhearted, and the ones who are crushed in spirit he saves.

• Dr. Joseph Peck (author) said:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment about brokenness with me and my followers on the Your Daily Blessing blog.

The famous evangelist, Paul Rader, was once asked: “Why are the laborers always so few?” He replied: “They can’t seem to be broken fast enough, and God can only use truly broken men and women!”

The writing continued: “”How true! God only uses broken men and women, no others will do! Others are too self-confident in their own strength! God has to break them, melt them and mold them again in the hands of the Potter to make them better vessels! But He won’t force it! The breaking depends upon you, your yieldingness and willingness to be made willing, total humility, which is synonymous with total love, so you’re willing to go anywhere, anytime, and do anything, for anybody, and be nobody, to please Him and help others!”

Blessings to experience SUPERNATURAL ACCELERATION!