Today we continue the series of messages inspired by Mark Batterson in his book Wild Goose Chase.
Last week’s message was titled “Time to Quit Praying.” Obviously, God wants us to be in a continual attitude of prayer, but there are many times when He wants us to be an answer to our own prayers.
In my experience, signs follow decisions. The way you overcome spiritual inertia and produce spiritual momentum is by making tough decisions. And the tougher the decision, the more potential momentum it will produce. The primary reason most of us don’t see God moving is simply because we aren’t moving. If you want to see God move, you need to make a move.
Nehemiah didn’t wait for a sign. He had the courage to put his job on the line. And when he did, God confirmed the passion with signs following. The king didn’t just write him a nice reference, the king wrote him a blank check.
There are moments in life when our passions and the purposes of God converge in what I call supernatural synchronicities. These are the moments when we come alive. These are the moments when the sovereignty of God overshadows our incompetencies.
Here is the best advice I can offer: be the best cupbearer you can be. This is where the adventure begins.
Don’t whine. Don’t complain. And don’t check out. Make the most of the situation. Do little things like they are big things. Keep a good attitude. And faithfully carry out your current obligations. If your job isn’t exciting, then bring some excitement to the job. One of the greatest acts of worship is keep a good attitude in a bad situation.
In some ways, Nehemiah seems like an overnight success. he rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem in fifty-two days flat. But that passion was internalized months before it was verbalized.
In my experience, the Wild Goose (Holy Spirit) doesn’t take shortcuts. He loves leading us down the scenic route because that is where we learn our most valuable lessons. If you have the courage to come out of the cage, it will change your life.
Toward the end of her ministry, Mother Teresa was often asked by her admirers how they could make a difference with their lives the way she had with hers. Mother Theresa oft-repeated response was four words long: “Find your own Calcutta.”
- What makes you sad or mad or glad? In other words, what passions has God given to you?
- What have you been praying about lately that God wants you to do instead?
- What little things do you need to be doing now that will prepare you for the big things God want to do down the road?
Mother Teresa – “Find Your Own Calcutta”
Heavenly Father, I know you are speaking to me as much as to anyone else with this message. Help me to understand and apply this to my life in such a way that bears much fruit. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen and hallelujah!
1) This past week I read much of another of Andy Andrews books “The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective“. That is raising my level of awareness of what is happening around me and giving me new perspectives.
2) The webinar on Wed Feb 13 with Wende Jones was outstanding. Matthew Fleming, one of the panelists, said he experiences acceleration nearly every time he hears Wende talk about it. I experienced something similar. If you’re seeking acceleration this year, I encourage you to watch or listen to the replay.
3) On Tues Feb 19 at 8 pm EST, I’m hosting a webinar titled “Change Your Water – Change Your Life.”
Our guest speaker is Shan Stratton. Over the past 20 years, he has served as a health and wellness consultant to just about every professional athletic organization in America, including the NBA, NFL, NHL, Major League Baseball, the Olympic Committee, and others.
Shan says “Drinking alkalinized Kangen water is the single most important thing anybody can do to improve their health.”
Blessings to find your own Calcutta!
Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Author, I Was Busy, Now I’m Not
SHARE YOUR VICTORIES below!
It is easy, fun, and will inspire others.
There is tremendous power in a testimony. “And they overcame him (the devil) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” – Revelations 12:11
Poem by Hugh Traulsen
If you dare to care, then share!
If you share, pay heed!!
God will reward every good deed!!!