Sunday Inspiration: Becoming a person of confidence

03 May

This morning I watched a short video message by Dr. John Maxwell about balance.

That led me to watch two other longer outstanding videos by Dr. Maxwell about leadership. The second one was titled “Becoming an ‘I Can’ Person”. After watching that I felt inspired to share that with you.

Here are my notes from the first part of the video.

There are 4 things that happen in a person’s life that allows him/her to take the journey into the land of confidence:

Confidence is a result of:

1) Following your purpose and following your passion.

Philippians 3:13-14 – Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Passion is the great energizer, the great confidence builder.

There is no such thing as a high energy person and a low energy person. There are just people who have passion and those who do not. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

2) Finding your strength zone – what you do well.

This refers to your skills, abilities, and giftedness. Find out what your giftedness is, how God has wired you to be.

God will help you be all you can be, but He will never help you be someone else.

To be set free, “stop working on your weaknesses” because you are weak (not good) in those areas. If you spend time on your weak zone, you can never develop as you should in your strength zone.

People stand in line for 9’s.

3) Knowing God’s will for your life!

Click below to watch the entire video. Enjoy!

Blessings to become a person of confidence!

Joseph PeckJoseph

Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Empowering Dreams
Author, I Was Busy, Now I’m Not
www.empower2000.com

Connect – BE Blessed To Be A Blessing
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/thejournalguy
Facebook: http://facebook.com/thejournalguy
Twitter: http://twitter.com/thejournalguy

SHARE YOUR VICTORIES below!
It is easy, fun, and will inspire others.

There is tremendous power in a testimony. “And they overcame him (the devil) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” – Revelations 12:11

Caring/Sharing
Poem by Hugh Traulsen

If you dare to care, then share!
If you share, pay heed!!
God will reward every good deed!!!

Share your stories
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Facebook Twitter Email
 Name: Email: We respect your email privacyEmail Marketing by AWeber

6 Responses to “Sunday Inspiration: Becoming a person of confidence”

1. Claire Parker Shofar May 5, 2015 at 4:00 pm #

Enjoyed this need to connect up more with what makes me tick and often times i get deflected by energy/opinions of others..but i have a dream and need to pursue it this was helpful in remembering this..Thank you.

2. Claire Parker Shofar May 5, 2015 at 4:36 pm #

Very funny too. His communication skills strengths and clothing weakness! Like to find recommended spiritual gift tests?

3. RJ Rupp May 11, 2015 at 4:48 pm #

Sir: Not sure if I came across your site or if you came across mine as so much has happened lately. However after reading your last information on this site I was truly impressed as God has somehow given me stories in my head, and He must have known I would want to bring Him, Jesus Christ into my stories as I truly believe it is a gift.

Have written my first book, but not much for advertising, and you encouraged me. It has been on Amazon for a long time and Barnes and Noble called River to Somewhere, and is fiction, good for teenagers to any age. I have had much good feed back. It is a series, and have the second one almost done. It is to keep teenagers away from alcohol as they see what it does to a person, and the children in the book ask questions about God, which the Mother answers. Not sure what to do, because I’m willing to give it away, because it talks about Jesus, but not sure what to do. Thank you for your encouragement. Blessings to you and what you are doing.

4. irene May 12, 2015 at 2:41 pm #

Thank you so much, I found this video very helpful, and I love John’s humor, I have laughed a lot! Laughter is so good!

5. Dr. Joseph Peck May 30, 2015 at 10:13 am #

Thank you Irene for your encouragement. I’m glad the video with Dr. John Maxwell ministered to you. I too like Dr. Maxwell’s humor. Many blessings! Joseph

6. Dr. Joseph Peck May 30, 2015 at 10:16 am #

Thank you RJ for your encouragement and transparency. I recommend you inquire of the Lord during your sacred time by writing down, “Jesus, what do you want me to do with “River to Somewhere? What is my next step?” Then write down whatever comes to your spirit. Blessings for clarity and divine guidance! Joseph